Posts Tagged ‘visualization’
Government - Written Friday, August 20, 2010 by Thomas Gegenhuber - 0 Comments
Prof. Robert Appleton of Ryerson University recently told me: “In most fields, the language [of communication] is still dominated by words and numbers.” I think he is right. Think about the daily routine in most organizations. We produce reports and strategy papers. We often forget to convey this knowledge into tangible pictures and stories.
Visualize Business Models
I bought the book “Business Model Generation” by Alexander Osterwalder. First, this book provides and easy understandable and visual approach for capturing the value and the implications of business models. This book is a useful “ready to use” tool to change the way in which you approach your work. Roger Martin, an advocate for design thinking in business says: “Businesspeople don’t just need to understand designers better – they need to become designers.”
Second, the book itself has a new business model. It is co-created by 470 practitioners. Continue…
- A view of self through a digital mirror
- The most open and accessible record of U.S. Government spending ever (in 6 sq ft)
- OKCupid: For the love of data
- Charting emotions
- Social network analysis: Cool tools from cool dudes
- What are they saying in Congress?
- Recovery.gov: Off to a slow start
- Obama’s inaugural Wordle
- Can friendly avatars save Nortel?