Posts Tagged ‘open source’
Business, Featured - Written Wednesday, February 3, 2010 by Don Tapscott - 2 Comments
The World Economic Forum has wrapped up and the small town of Davos is being returned to the skiers. I’ve developed my top ten themes from the five-day event. I’ll post five today and five tomorrow.
1. The state of the world is not good.
The theme of Davos was Rethink, Redesign, Rebuild, which may sound a bit grandiose to some people. I doubt many attendees think this now. The world clearly needs fixing.
Figures cited at the Forum show we’re a long way from being out of the woods on the global recession. Jobs are and will continue to be a huge issue. It is estimated the unemployment in the word jumped by 50 million during the recession, and the working poor increased by 200 million. Continue…
- 12 Critical Success Factors for Business Platforms
- The rise of computational photography and the birth of camera 2.0
- From the big screen to the small screen: Tarantino, YouTube, and copyright reform
- Collaborating with competitors
- OpenForum Europe 2009 and the Openness Imperative
- Open Source Venture Capital
- Financial services industry requires bold steps
- Citizen-created Open Source Project Discovers Ballot Miscount
- Wikinomics Roundup: Week in Review