Posts Tagged ‘collective intelligence’
Business, Featured - Written Wednesday, February 3, 2010 by Don Tapscott - 2 Comments
The World Economic Forum has wrapped up and the small town of Davos is being returned to the skiers. I’ve developed my top ten themes from the five-day event. I’ll post five today and five tomorrow.
1. The state of the world is not good.
The theme of Davos was Rethink, Redesign, Rebuild, which may sound a bit grandiose to some people. I doubt many attendees think this now. The world clearly needs fixing.
Figures cited at the Forum show we’re a long way from being out of the woods on the global recession. Jobs are and will continue to be a huge issue. It is estimated the unemployment in the word jumped by 50 million during the recession, and the working poor increased by 200 million. Continue…
- Global problem solving? Stephen Harper defends the status quo
- Wikinomics to help solve traffic congestion
- If you’re an NBA team owner, would you fire your scouting staff?
- Games for Good: The Role Games May Play in Determining Our Future
- Everyday Relics
- Can Wikipedia be Neutral?
- Who’s Managing Your Digital Self?
- GovLoop, the “Facebook for Feds,” Reaches 10,000 Users in Less Than a Year
- Bringing transparency to your browser: Knowmore.org