The ARS Electronica Festival in Linz is a conference that supports cutting-edge experiments in digital culture. The motto of this year’s festival was “REPAIR – ready to pull the lifeline,” and the highlight was the “Open Source Life” symposium. The bottom line of “Open Source Life” is how to transfer the ideas of open source to other layers of society.
Although I saw a lot of good ideas, here are some of my favorites: Continue…
- A visual model showing the value of open data
- The Empire strikes a light
- Ride and surf
- Time banking: The currency of the social world?
- When lobbyists don’t matter
- Open Government: It’s all about timing.
- Microsoft’s e-government browser in Austria: Just a good service or a play to increase market share?
- Successful approaches to open government