Business - Written by David Cameron on Friday, November 16, 2007 11:15 - 0 Comments
Facebook clone, Wikipedia style
I came across an article this morning on Jimmy Wales, and an announcement he made to a room of 100 of South Africa’s top IT personnel. It seems as though Jimmy Wales plans on expanding his Wiki style projects under a company named Wikia. The plan is to take the Wiki concepts to other types of websites, and communities as well as expanding outside of the not-for-profit sector.
On the left is a screenshot of his project and on the right is a screenshot of a Facebook profile.
While he claims this is a search utility, it appears to me to be a social utility. Maybe it is some sort of cross-bread between social networking and search, but to me it looks pretty close to Facebook. Who knows maybe we’ll all be a part of some sort of wiki-Facebook project creating the largest open-source social networking too…. we’ll have to wait and see.
Business - Oct 5, 2010 12:00 - 0 Comments
More In Business
- Facebook, Facebook, Facebook
- Survey: How are you using Facebook, Twitter, smart phones, and other technology platforms?
- Will Facebook be your CRM provider?
- Wiki Banking
- The importance of being competent
Entertainment - Aug 3, 2010 13:14 - 2 Comments
More In Entertainment
- Lessons in collaboration from B.B. King’s
- CL!CK – LEGO’s fun social product development platform
- Peer Pressure 2.0: Farmville
- Online gaming more than just fun
- The NFL – The most protective league, attempting to control the uncontrollable
Society - Aug 6, 2010 8:19 - 4 Comments
More In Society
- Balance: customer receptivity vs. customer revulsion
- The Net Gen: Too plugged-in for parenting?
- Are you addicted to social media?
- The privacy discussion we need to have
- “The Data-Driven Life”: Who’s not interested in discovery?